Saturday 29 January 2011

Three PT sessions done for the week

As usual, I am feeling sore and stiff in all sorts of places I didn't even know I had muscles.

After a heavy session of squats, two days later I can barely step down the stairs in my townhouse, let alone lever myself out of bed.

Hmmm.  Is this exercise lark worth it? Remember the goal - from obese to overweight.  I can do this.

And how do I ease my muscles?

Last year, I tried "Deep Heat" with disastrous results - I put too much on!!! And the cold-hot heat burned so badly on my poor squat-sore thighs that it made me cry. I had to get into the shower to try and rub any possible residue off.  And briefly, that stung even more.  I haven't touched the stuff since.

And I am slightly scared of getting a massage. I am used to getting a massage to ease tension built up from work - both physical where I sit (poorly) in front of a computer - and mental, where I am stressing about deadlines and project plans.

I can't imagine how massage will help repair my torn muscle tissue.

Because that is what exercise is - activity designed to tear the muscle tissue so that the body has to heal it and make the tissue stronger (or something along those lines). Ouch.

Let me know if massage helps ease your sore muscles after high intensity training...

No comments: