Sunday 16 January 2011

Goal number one

Because 3 - 0 - is way too big a number in terms of the losing kilos, I have decided on an immediate short term goal to help me on the way to my ULTIMATE GOAL- maintaining a healthy BMI for the rest of my life.

Remembering what makes an achievable goal - specific, measurable, time-targetted, realistic - I am going to concentrate on going from inhabiting the "obese" category and slip into the "overweight" category.


My goal is to go from obese to overweight within eight weeks.

On Friday 14 January, my scales said I was 91.9 kilos.

For me to become "overweight" I need to lose 11.9 kilos and get to 80 kilos or lower.

To reach my goal I must lose 11.9 kilos and weigh 80 kilos or less by Tuesday 7 March, 2011.

I think that is specific, measurable and time-targeted.  Is it realistic?  It is going to be extremely tough to lose an average of 1.5 kilos over eight weeks.  But I think the goal has to be challenging, and I will get advice to see if it is realistic!

No comments: