Friday 21 January 2011

Going paleo for 8 weeks

The Diet.
Andy-the-personal-trainer is a Paleo Diet enthusiast.  You can find more on the diet here.

He wants me to commit to four weeks of strict paleo at least.  Considering I am trying to lose an average of 1.5 kilos a week, I believe I'll have to be strict paleo for the full eight weeks.

What does this "paleo diet" mean for me?

It means simply eating meals made up from meat, eggs, vegetables, fruit (limited), nuts, and oils.

What is missing? Well, I am to eliminate dairy, sugar, grains, legumes, pulses and alcohol from my diet.  Ouch.

Is paleo forever, for me?
For some people, eating paleo is their lifestyle - or so it seems from blogs and websites I've read.  I am not so convinced.  How can a chick pea be evil?

However, for eight weeks I am going to be super strict on the types of food I am going to eat.  But afterwards?

Learning what moderation means, and what I can and cannot eat (and drink) to maintain a healthy BMI... That is a problem I will leave for later.

No comments: