Monday 31 January 2011

My personal trainer experience #1

If you are keeping up with the Joneses, well, just EVERYONE has a personal trainer these days.

But in my mind, those people with personal trainers in parks or at the beach or (heaven forbid) at the gym, are already super fit and toned and tanned and beautiful and... NOT like me - obese, inflexible, and just a tad un-coordinated. 

Why follow the crowd and get a personal trainer?
By mid 2010, I was in dire straights -  95 kilos. BMI 34.  I wanted to start a family, and being this heavy would not help me or any baby I may have.

Since dieting and self motivation at a gym had done nothing for the last four years, I decided I needed the motivation and accountability of a personal trainer. 

Choosing a PT
During some searches online for "becoming a mother", I stumbled across a link to AJ Fitness in Carina, Brisbane.  They had a "mother's club" providing babysitting while you worked out.  I thought that sounded grand, they were only a few kilometres away, so I called up Andy Jeffrey. 

Their program
The AJ Fitness recommendations were straight-foward: regular high-intensity activity coupled with drastic changes to eating habits.  It seems my eating habits - eat whatever I want whenever I felt like it - were not appropriate.

Oh, and he wanted me to start "tomorrow", so I booked in the session, feeling a little bit dazed, and a whole lot nervous.

No comments: