Wednesday 16 March 2011

a little bit of blog empowerment

I feel empowered.

Last night I was on the way to a few poor decisions.  But instead, I decided to write down what was going on inside my mind. And through editing, and rethinking, and re-writing, I came up with my previous blog post, along with a lucid understanding of what I was feeling and why I was wanting to do things like take up a diet, or quit the fun run training.

This is all good.

What am I doing about it?  Absolutely nothing.  With this second post, I assumed that I was "going to make a decision" - ditch the diet, get back to jogging.  But, I am not.  There is no rush. Work is stressful. And ALL I need to do is to do the best I possibly can. I don't have to form a goal, make a decision, strive for perfection, aim for the impossible. 

All I need to do is take each moment as it comes.  All I need to do is decide...

Do I really need a hot chocolate after dinner?  No? Then don't have the hot chocolate. 

Does the dog need a walk? Yes? Then I'll take the dog for a walk. 

Do I need to go for a jog?  No. But it may be good to do so, to do the next training session 6 minutes jogging, 1 minute walking (four times). It is only 28 minutes. I can just go around in circles - I don't have to determine the perfect route that avoids hills.

So, will I go for a jog in the morning? Most likely. I have set my alarm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woot - you are right, there is no rush. What a great way you are working this out, Fiona and finding out what works for you.

Brrinng, briinng, is that your alarm I hear ringing? :)